Acceptable Use Policy
We developed RAEK to make it easy to collect first-party data and increase the efficiency of digital marketing.
Our belief has always been that if we can do this at scale, we can play an influential part in improving the experience for millions of people online. This belief has driven us to reduce the friction of signing up for our service and also fuels our desire to make it easy to get value from our product.
So far our approach has worked: RAEK is running on many websites and we continuously hear from customers that we are helping them improve the experience for their users, benefitting both our customers and their users.
However, not everything is perfect. Given the rate of change online, its tremendous growth, and the ease of publishing, it’s not practical for RAEK to know all of its users nor the exact nature of their websites. While we believe the majority of people on this planet are good-natured, our product might be used in ways we never intended. It’s also conceivable that some websites running the RAEK script might not be in alignment with RAEK's Core Values.
The intent of this Policy is to make it clear to anyone who uses RAEK (free or paid) what behavior or content is not acceptable for sites using our service. We will take action against sites that are discovered to be in violation of this Policy.
NON-Acceptable uses of RAEK
If the content on your website contains information that is conducting or promoting any of the below, or if you intend to leverage RAEK to do any of the below, please don't sign up for RAEK. If you already have an account—whether free or paid—you must stop using RAEK on the offending site or cancel your account.
The following constitutes behavior and content that are NOT acceptable uses of RAEK:
- Sites performing, promoting, suggesting, or soliciting illegal activities.
- Harassment, bullying, defamation, stalking, and threats.
- Hateful content. A website using RAEK must not contain content that meets the following criteria nor can a RAEK account be used to do any of the following:
- Promote or condone hate, violence, or discrimination against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status, or other forms of discriminatory intolerance.
- Promote or support organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse. We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse.
- Sites selling counterfeit goods; or sites allowing, performing or facilitating any infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
- Malware or spyware. This includes using RAEK to inject, infect, spread, etc. malware or spyware.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud. It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming. No one wants unsolicited emails, text, or other communication.
- Violence, or threats thereof. This includes activities on your site that qualify as a violent crime where you live, or in the United States of America where RAEK is based, or if you are leveraging RAEK to plan, conduct, assist, commit, or threaten this kind of activity.
- Any actions that do not support the privacy rights of an individual. This includes capturing, selling, or sharing personal data without their consent. For the purposes of clarity, other prohibited examples include doing any of the following without an end user’s consent:
It's foreseeable that a website's content or their use of RAEK may extend to new areas not currently documented in this Policy. When and if this occurs we will take the same action of investigation and enforcement to determine if a site/account is acting against the spirit of this Policy. We reserve the right to do this as needed. When a situation like this occurs we will use our Core Values to guide our final decision and update this Policy if appropriate.
Reporting a concern
Do you know of a site that is violating this Policy? Or do you suspect a site might be violating the Policy? If so, please contact us so we can investigate. Simply email us at [email protected].
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the site, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. In addition to the URL, sending us screenshots is helpful since content can quickly be removed or changed.